Want to win a FREE $100 BLUETOOTH HEADSET? Better yet, want to save ONE PERSON’S life? Now you can, when you register or volunteer for our annual Marrow Drive.
JOIN US IN THE BATTLE.
Every day, 6,000 terminally ill patients are waiting for a marrow transplant.
Join Cal Rotaract is registering 500+ students and community members into the National Marrow Registry this Wed., Sept. 16.
In June 2001, Hayward-native Veronica Chavez was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia. After undergoing rounds of chemotherapy, she was told her best choice was a marrow transplant. She was told it usually takes 3 months to find a match — but because Veronica is a minority, she never found a match. Luckily, last year, new medicine was released, and she is now currently in remission.
Veronica is a close friend of the club, who has been there for the past five years as Rotaract has held our drives and registered 1,200 people into the National Marrow Registry. We know that others with a less similar fate are not so lucky. Thousands still need a life-saving marrow match. You could be that someone.
BE SOMEBODY’S HERO
10 minutes of your time may change someone else’s life forever. The first step is a simple, PAINLESS cheek swab. If you are a match, you may be asked to donate marrow or circulating blood cells via a sterile needle in one arm — the process is painless!
REGISTER THIS SEPT. 16
DATE: Wed, Sept. 16
WHEN & WHERE: Upper Sproul (10 am – 8 pm); Cafe 3 & Crossroads (5 – 9 pm)
*** BE SURE TO STOP BY SPROUL FROM 12 – 1 PM TO SEE SPECIAL BENEFIT PERFORMANCES ***
+ You can save someone’s life!
+ You are making a difference in someone’s family.
+ FREE raffle ticket to win a FREE $100 BLUETOOTH HEADSET
+ Free giveaway items–including SPECIAL Marrow pens, bluebooks, notebooks, magnetic dry erase boards & more!
+ Games & prizes
+ Free food!
+ Feel good about something you’ve done this month.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. GET REGISTERED: Drop by our two locations on Sept. 16. The process is fast and painless.
2. REGISTER ONLINE: Can’t make it out to any of our locations? Register on marrow.org/join. Passcode: calrotaract
3. VOLUNTEER: People are what make this drive work. If you’re interested in volunteering – either with a group or as an individual – email email@example.com.
4. SPREAD THE WORD: Tell a friend. Pass it on. With our new online system, your friends across the country can help make a difference as well.
This year, Cal Rotaract has teamed up with the following organizations:
- Be the Match
- UC Berkeley School of Optometry
- Red Cross
- Project SMILE
- Noteworthy A capella
For further information, please contact us at: